A T1 line is probably one of the most robust, scalable and flexible Internet connectivity options available today. Quite a few business organizations choose such type of connectivity in order to enjoy uninterrupted and dependable Internet access. Probably because of these benefits and features, a T1 line is said to be an expensive option when compared to quite a few other technologies. However, quite a few individuals are also opting for residential T1. Of course, there is quite a bit of debate on the pros and cons of residential T1. Here is taking a look at some of them.
Cost is certainly an aspect
The cost of residential T1 is pretty substantial. Incidentally, residential T1 is nothing but T1 services that are delivered to a home. For all practical purposes, T1 for homes and T1 for businesses are the absolute same technology. But when it comes to cost, a business organization probably has more money to shell out for Internet access.
And this makes T1 lines deployed for homes a fairly expensive option. There are many ways in which you can get hold of details pertaining to the costs of residential T1 connectivity. Some of the main ways are:
- Looking for price quotes from different providers on the Internet,
- Visiting the websites of telecom service providers to ascertain their prices,
- Asking a telecom master agent for price quotes from multiple T1 service providers,
- Asking the people that you may know, such as friends or business colleagues.
A residential T1 connection is probably going to be available in any location which has access to normal telephone services. Since residential T1 does not need any sophisticated infrastructure, it can be deployed in almost any home, anywhere. All a T1 line needs is conventional copper pair cabling and a phone jack.
For people who have some kind of home-based business to run, residential T1 perhaps offers the most robust connectivity. Even if it is a home-based business, the individual will certainly have to come across as professional and reliable.
For instance, for an individual who is doing business consultancy from home, meeting deadlines and schedules is extremely important. Thus, if he has committed a video conference call to a customer, then it is imperative that he makes the deadline and also that the call quality is excellent. For this, a T1 line can perhaps be depended upon.
Who benefits from residential T1?
The easy way of answering this question is, “Anybody who needs the dependability of a T1 line and can meet the higher costs of the same.” However, there are certain “categories” of people who perhaps benefit the most from deploying a residential T1 line.
Examples of individuals who fall into this category are:
- Financial or stocks traders who work from home,
- People who are working in the medical sector,
- Doctors who consult from home,
- Individuals who are running call centers or knowledge processing units from home,
- People who are into various types of consultancy and use their home office to interact with clients from all over the world.
Thus, the choice of residential T1 can certainly make the difference to an individual who needs solid Internet connectivity.