People often think that it takes a major over-haul to significantly increase the value of one’s home. The truth is that there are several small steps that can be that will make a huge difference in upping one’s home value. The following article will provide simple and practical steps that anyone can do and that will significantly increase the value of one’s home.
You only get one chance to make a first impression, and the look of the exterior of one’s home is that first impression. Simple changes to the exterior of a house can make all the difference in the world.
- Changing the exterior door is an easy fix that can add significant value to one’s home. Replacing the front door should be a real option since you can up your home’s energy efficiency, add a touch of character—all without breaking the bank!
- Enhancing the curb appeal to the exterior of a house is an affordable way to add significant value. Trim the plants and trees that are already on premise and invest in native plants to freshen up the landscaping. Adding a simple water drip system will offer one big rewards in the long run. Another way to spruce up the landscaping and increase value is to add shade trees to those parts of the yard that get the most sun exposure. Not only will they look good visually, but they will lower your energy costs as well. A definite added bonus.
- While one may not be able to remodel the outside of the house, adding a fresh coat of paint to the exterior walls will go a long way in pumping up the house value. It will make a house look more fresh and modern.
- Replacing heavy curtains and draperies is a quick and easy way to make a room look bigger and more inviting.
- Replacing outdated fixtures such as handles, knobs, and light fixtures is an easy way to modernize a house and make it look more appealing.
- Having an interior designer come in for an afternoon can be invaluable as they can offer suggestions on how to rearrange furniture so that you house looks more open an inviting. It is a low cost and high reward step.
- Bathrooms are the easiest place to increase the value in your house. Replacing an old vanity or countertop with a more modern unit will give you 100 percent return on your investment.
- Kitchens are the most used and personal space in a house but a few changes can make all the difference. Painting old cabinet doors will add new life to a kitchen as well as replacing old appliances with stainless steel ones that appeal to everyone.
- Decluttering your house is the easiest way to give it more appeal and will cost you nothing to do. Deep cleaning every room will completely breathe new life into your house.
These are just a few of the small steps that one can take to dramatically increase the value of their house.